Carpets need a real thorough cleaning session at least once a year to effectively remove the dirt and mites that have been thriving on the deep layers.
If you think your carpets are clean just because they look like it, think again. Carpets are the ideal habitat of microorganisms which cannot be seen by the naked eye. If you think that you are cleaning your carpets well, think again. You may not know it, but the presence of mites and their eggs might be the culprit as to why you and your family are suffering from respiratory ailments and allergies. It is advisable to avail of the services of the carpet cleaner in Adelaide so your home will be safer place to live in.
Listed below are some expert tips on how to lessen the accumulation of too much dirt on your carpet:
1) Purchase a powder or dry shampoo for your carpet. This item is available online and you can do this at least once a month to remove dirt and mites that are beginning to accumulate. This is recommended by the carpet cleaner because you do not have a blower at home to dry the carpet.
2) You can also find effective cleaning agents in your cupboard like salt and baking soda. Salt can remove dirt while baking soda can eliminate the foul smell of the carpet.
3) How to remove chewing gum? get an ice cube and apply it on the stain. After a while, you will notice that the gum will harden and you can easily take it off from the carpet.
4) Another great way to remove carpet stain is to mix warm water with vinegar or detergent powder. Blot the carefully and the use a soft bristle brush to wipe-off the stain.
Qualities of a good carpet cleaner
1) Be sure that the person you will hire has a certificate that will prove that he has attended and completed a seminar on carpet cleaning.
2) You can also inquire as to the kind of detergent that they use. Choose a carpet cleaner who uses environment-friendly cleaning products to lessen damage to the environment. Plus, these cleaning agents are known to prevent allergic reactions.
3) Inquire about the different methods of carpet cleaning—whether its wet or dry.