Demolition jobs are a big part of the construction industry. They can be very dangerous if the safety guidelines and government laws pertaining to demolition are not properly followed. Construction companies should train their workers properly and as much as possible demolition safety tips should be found on posters at the workplace and construction site. This will help avoid accidents and keep everyone safe. Here are the top 7 demolition safety tips that everyone involved in demolition jobs should follow:
• Employees of construction companies and demolition contractors should be trained properly and wear the necessary safety gear while working at the demolition site. Wearing the proper attire and using the necessary protective gear will be very helpful in reducing or eliminating injuries.
• All employees working on the site should wear hard hats all the time. There are falling debris around the place. Even the slightest movements could lead to dangerous cave in or hard objects may fall from above.
• Other than the hard hat, demolition workers are required to always wear a protective face mask, gloves, and work boots. The work boots and the hand gloves should be made of sturdy leather. Steel tipped boots are the best protective footwear for demolition workers; wear them as much as possible.
• Always check every room in the area of the structure before going on with the demolition. Make sure that no one is inside and are at a safe place away from the building before giving the go signal to demolish the building.
• Explosives should only be handled by expert demolition contractors‘ trained workers during the demolition process.
• If for any valid reason, some workers are required to enter the building, the ceilings and entrance halls should be braced first.
• After the building has been torn down and the debris need to be cleared, only workers trained to operate heavy equipment like bulldozers and cranes should be allowed inside the area.
Following the demolition safety tips given above will keep everyone safe and injury free at the end of every demolition project. Whether you are the project leader or the client, make sure that everyone involved in the demolition job follows these demolition safety tips.