Buying for a new water heater is not a problem at all. In fact, it can provide you better benefit than relying on your old one. All you have to do is to follow these simple guidelines if you want to purchase the best gas hot water system:
Look at the Capacity
The right system that you need to purchase must be based on the capacity – meaning the number of gallons that it can hold. This capacity must be based on a number of people living in your house.
Choose the Right Type of Heater
Here are the 4 types:
- Storage tanks – it is the most common heater type that’s capable of storing your desired amount in a single day.
- Tankless heaters – provides efficiency than storage tanks since it will just heat up the water that you might need.
- Solar heaters – This is known to be one of the newest types of heater that can provide you ways to save on your electric bill. It simply uses the energy from the sun in order to provide the heating capability that you desire.
- Hybrid type – gets heat from the surroundings using pumps to heat up the water. It is capable of using less energy than most heaters as well but might cost higher.
Other Features to Take Note
- Warranty – if possible, get a warranty that lasts around 10 years.
- Brass valves – look for brass quality instead of plastic valves in order to assure durability.
- Glass Tanks – These are way better than the older models as it avoids corrosion.
Be sure to follow these tips so that you can find the most appropriate one for your house. If you are still confused or uncertain about your water heater, seek assistance from professional plumbers.