The earth is not made of glass where everything is transparent and can easily be seen what is underneath. And there are times when those that are under the earth can delay your bottom lines when you are constructing a building. Like for example if you are renovating or totally constructing a new building in replace of an old one, it would mean that you need to demolish the old building then. You see, when building something, there are some elements that must be buried for the building to be not only functional but aesthetically appealing. It goes without saying that when such building will need to be demolished, not only that the visible construction will be dealt with but also those that are buried. Being just humans, there are times when some of the buried elements will not be completely eliminated this is why a concrete x-ray will be necessary.
This is not a problem though as there are now a number of concrete x-ray machines that can aid in accomplishing this bottom line. In fact, one of the most popular is the ground penetrating radar or what they call GPR. Here are some of the important facts about this machine:
– This equipment is quite safe contrary to what others assume. The person operating the equipment will be likewise safe despite the term ground penetrating radar sounds hazardous.
– You might wonder why GPR is said to be really effective like why and how it works? Well, this works while sending tiny pulse of energy into the used material through an antenna. There is then an integrated computer that will record everything that will be reflected so that they will be analysed if they hazardous to the project and will then be dealt with accordingly.
– You can say everything with the GPR equipment like metallic and non-metallic. The work of this equipment is quite accurate that the signal will bounce every time it will encounter something. And again, everything will be recorded to the integrated computer so that you will right away know if there are hazardous elements under the soil.
– For first timers, this equipment is easy to use as it is made simpler by the provider. However, if you still find it confusing to operate the equipment, then you can take part of the training provided by the manufacturer for the novice users.
– GPR can be used in a number of environments like in water though not salt water, even in ice. However, it is not suited to find coins like gold and so on. The depth the equipment can penetrate will depend on the frequency of the antenna you will use and the kind of environment.
So, this is all about the GPR which is one of the most used concrete x-ray system used. If you are interested, you can buy the equipment yourself or hire a company that uses the same equipment. for sure you will easily find one.
Read Also : Concrete Grinding