Funeral directors are people whose function is to ease your burden during a very trying moment. If someone you love passed away, it is only natural that you are not on your right physical, mental, and emotional state. You cannot think straight and you may find it very difficult and painful to plan the wake the burial. Funeral directors will take the responsibility from you and they will make sure that everything runs smoothly while you and your family are grieving.
1) Once you inform them on the death, they will immediately get into action. They will coordinate with embalmers. If there is no one available, funeral directors have taken courses on embalming and they can also perform the duty. They will take care of the transfer of the body from the place of death to the funeral parlor.
2) They will be the one to talk to al the family members and discuss with them the kind of wake that they prefer, the number of days, and whether the body will be cremated or not. They will also discuss as to the type of casket to be used.
3) Funeral directors also take the responsibility of the processing of all important documents such as death certificate, burial permits, among others. The bereaved family can no longer focus on those things.
4) It is also their task to coordinate with the cemetery regarding the date of the burial. They will also make sure that the lot is prepared on that day.
5) If the body of the deceased is to be transferred from one city to the other, or even from another country, funeral directors know all the process that needs to be undertaken for the proper transfer of the body.
6) They arrange for ceremonies. They are well-trained on the different religious practices and customs. You can rely on funeral directors to be present at all times during the duration of the wake.
They are expected to be very patient and understanding during a very emotional moment. Funeral directors can act as guidance counselors for the bereaved. They are always ready to listen. They become part of the family because they are the ones whom you can rely on to assist you with all the things that need to be arranged during a very emotional and sad moment. It is a very challenging job because they deal with human emotions.